Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Aftermath of the Spending Diet

(Author: Brittany)

Well, it lasted a solid week. That's one week with absolutely no spending. I didn't go to my beloved Starbucks and get a latte. I didn't go to a restaurant for dinner because I was too lazy to cook. I didn't spend any of my money on stupid things. I don't know if I could calculate the amount of money I saved, but I usually budget $100 week for groceries, entertainment, gas, etc. So I saved probably around $100.

I would say, though, that my greatest pleasure in my spending diet is that I didn't binge after the 'diet' was done. A lot of people on a real diet binge on food when they're done with their diet. I managed to keep my spending pretty much under control. The reason my 'diet' ended in the first place was because I had to buy kitty litter and then we decided to adopt a new kitten, so we had to buy all the accoutrements for said kitten, who we named Luna.


That's Little Miss Luna. Cute, isn't she?

After we adopted Luna, I've had an easier time of keeping my spending under control. I bought my boyfriend a birthday present, which was my one "extra" for the past couple of weeks. Otherwise, it's been mostly food, gas and Starbucks. Nothing extravagant and nothing out of the ordinary.

How long can you go without spending any money?

No comments:

Post a Comment