Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Quotes About Money


Author: Lindsey

As Mother’s Day and Father’s Day rolled around this year I felt myself thinking about some of the phrases and sayings my parents always told me. To this day I still think ‘brush, brush, brush, up, up, up, down, down, down’ when I brush my teeth thanks to my mother! My parents had many random, funny and wise words of wisdom they passed down to me though out the years and many of them had to do with saving money. “A penny saved is a penny earned” was one of their favorites taken from Benjamin Franklin.

I decided to do a little research and find out what other people had to say about saving money. Some of it was funny, some of it serious and some simply for comic (or financial stress) relief!  Enjoy what history finest had to say about a penny earned!

Put not your trust in money, but put your money in trust. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. 

Drink Water, put the money in your pocket, and leave the dry-bellyach in the punchbowl.   ~ Benjamin Franklin
 
Put all good eggs in one basket and then watch that basket. ~ Andrew Carnegie

Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No. 1. ~ Warren Buffet

If you can, you will quickly find that the greatest rate of return you will earn is on your own personal spending. Being a smart shopper is the first step to getting rich.  ~ Mark Cuban

Never spend your money before you have it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Money grows on the tree of patience. ~ Old Proverb 

Saving is a very fine thing. Especially when your parents have done it for you. ~ Winston Churchhill

If money is your hope for independence you will never have it.  The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.  ~ Henry Ford

In the old days, a man who saved money was a miser; nowadays he’s a wonder. ~ Unknown 

If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments. ~ Earl Wilson

Do you have any good quotes about saving money? Please share them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment