Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Money Saving 101: Coupon Corner!



Coupon Corner
…a fun way to share your unwanted coupons.

     A few weeks ago was at a community fair with my family and I came upon a table that looked as if it was full of scrap paper but there were at least 30 people getting into position around the stand for something that I thought looked pointless.  What was it?...It was 2 women with baskets full of coupons they had cut out and were sharing with anyone who wanted to look at them or take some.  There were even people who brought coupons to the fair or had their coupons with them and were exchanging for others at the table.  It was a mad house around this table.  Maybe this is something you have seen before but this is the first time that I’ve seen something like this at a fair.  But after a few moments of watching my wife dig in, I thought “What a brilliant idea!”…coupon sharing!!

     Now fast forward to today and another way I have seen people share coupons.  In my office there is a spot that has been designated the Coupon Corner.  This is a place where any of the employees can come and look for coupons they may need.  The sharing part comes in when one of the employees adds a coupon to the mix.  There are a lot of different sections to this coupon sharing idea.  Some of them are pet supplies, dairy, cereal, medicine/vitamins and condiments.  There are about 20 different envelopes holding coupons for each category.  Who would have guessed that if I needed a coupon for deodorant, I can come to work and possibly find a coupon for it.  I don’t work in a big office and everyone kind of knows who everyone is, but there could be a tornado outside, but if you get people talking and looking at coupons, there is no distracting them. It is sort of fun for the people in the office to share their money saving coupons with one another and it doesn’t matter who you know.  That is what I have witnessed at the fair and at work.

     But the part I like the most? Coupons, Coupons, Coupons!  I’m not really sure if there is a better way to watch what you spend than using coupons.  Some places double them and other places may honor a competitor’s coupon.  In other words, they are still a great way to help keep you to your budget.  While you’re at it, why not have fun with it and share some of the unwanted, unused coupons you may have and take a look and some of your friend’s coupons and see if they work for you?   A coupon corner may just be the place for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment