Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Money Saving 101: Post-Season Shopping


Summer is over? Excellent time to go shopping for those shorts, tanks and flip-flops! As I am sure everyone has noticed (with some frustration) that the seasons clothing options go on sale, just as soon as it’s almost too late to were them. Shorts on sale in September, coats on sale in March, it can be frustrating chasing the sale in its perspective season – so why not shop post season?

I find that if I hit the stores when a season is over there is no shortage of amazing deals. I will buy items I know I will need for the following year and then store them away. For example, I went to Target (one of my favorite places to find great clothes for little $) and bought a cute t-shirt for $2.50! Two winters ago I got my, now favorite, Columbia down jacket for about $30 in March and was thankful I couldn’t wear it because spring was finally here!

Take some time post seasons to browse the stores for some amazing finds. A lot of times, a cute tank top can be worn under and sweater in the winter and if you see some shorts, buy them and put it away! It will save you a lot of money and be a nice surprise when you pull out the summer clothes and see some things that are already new.

This also works for season accessories. Best time to buy pool or beach items is at the end of August. From pool chemicals to rafts, it’s all on sale and can be stored for the next season.

Household decorations are no different. Christmas stuff will be on sale after Christmas, go ahead and buy the new strand of lights or ornaments now when they are 70% or 80% off. 
Your savings will make you feel like it is Christmas in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment