Tuesday, March 13, 2012

30 Day Challenge: 3 Weeks Done


At this point in the challenge, we are now three weeks done. The past week was actually fairly easy besides the occasional craving for French Fries or Starbucks. In fact, my boyfriend said, “You could probably just never tell me when the challenge was done and I’d be okay with it.” After he said that, I realized, for the most part, I completely agreed. I like eating dinner at the dining room table with him. I also still enjoy cooking, which I thought I’d be completely sick of at this point.

 Our past couple of date nights were just a couple of Redbox rentals and a bottle of wine we already had. It was just nice to snuggle on the couch and enjoy ourselves. It was cheap too, which was one of the goals of my challenge. This weekend, the weather finally started to warm up here in Pennsylvania so we decided to go to the zoo. I couldn’t have asked for a better day. It was sunny, 70 degrees and I got to be with my favorite guy in the world. It cost 20 dollars for admission, but these days, that’s cheaper than going to the movies. We had a blast. Taking advantage of the sunny day when we got home, we both sat out on our back porch and did some reading. Cheers to a great day spent!

Our menu for the past week has been a few meals and several incidences of leftovers. My boyfriend loves leftovers more than anyone I’ve ever met, so he’s asked me to make more at meals so he can enjoy his leftovers. I’m not the biggest fan of leftovers, but I will eat them and enjoy them as long as we don’t eat the same thing every day for a week. He also cooked a wonderful meal for the two of us this Saturday which has provided a few days worth of meals, but I am planning on breaking up the monotony of just one sort of leftover with cooking a few other things here and there.

Our menu for the third week of the challenge:

Mon 3.5: Hot Dogs
Tue 3.6: Leftovers from Grandma’s
Wed 3.7: TV dinners
Thu 3.8: Spaghetti
Fri 3.9: Leftovers
Sat 3.10: Shredded Chicken,Beans & Corn in the Crockpot
Sun 3.11: Leftover Shredded Chicken Burritos

No comments:

Post a Comment