Monday, March 5, 2012

30 Day Challenge: We're at the halfway point!


We’re now at our halfway point through the 30 day challenge. It is getting easier as time goes by. This week has certainly gone faster than last week. I looked at the calendar this morning and realized that we have 14 days left in our challenge. Only TWO more weeks. I am truly amazed by how easy this second week has gone. I did write about my struggles with cravings at the midpoint this week, but, when you realize how much money you are saving, it makes it a whole lot easier.

I’ve done some math. We have spent approximately $225 on groceries so far and $0 eating out. I’ve been fairly good about planning my meals and using items from the cupboard, like beans, pasta and rice, which have been sitting there and waiting to be used. I’ve also been paying attention to what’s in the freezer and trying to make meals with what we already have in mind. I’ll give you all some more final numbers on how much we spent on groceries at the end of the thirty days. I expect to have spent some more on groceries than usual but that’s because we’ve been eating everything at home. I also don’t expect to have really spent THAT much more than usual because I’m trying to use things we already have. We’ll see how it works out.

Menu for Week 2:

Monday 2/27: Mac & Cheese, Green Beans
Tuesday 2/28: Hot Dogs (Me) & Leftovers (The Boyfriend)
Wednesday 2/29: Leftovers
Thursday 3/1: Tacos
Friday 3/2: Hot Dogs with Chips & Salsa on the side
Saturday 3/3: Grandma’s House for Turkey Dinner
Sunday 3/4: Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment