Tuesday, July 3, 2012

30 Day Challenge PART DOS: One Week Down!


The good:

I would rate our first week as pretty good. Thanks to a pretty hectic work week coupled by family moving and various other things, we certainly didn’t have time to go out to eat but also didn’t make a ‘real dinner’. We found dinner consisted of sandwiches, frozen pizza or a variety of various foods while we were on the run. Not very inspiring but we didn’t spend any extra money! 

Weekend dinner was good! Saturday we had some leftovers from going out to dinner on Friday with my parents (they paid). We barbequed some burgers and made some salad and French fries (all which we had in bulk, thanks to Costco!) to enjoy outside on Sunday! Again, no extra money was spent.   

Packing our lunches went ok. We both packed during the week. We made sandwiches, utilized leftovers and I am a fan of salads for lunch. We used food we had in our fridge and I bought a loaf of bread for $1.50 and some jelly for $2.38! Not too bad. 

The bad:

I am a fairly forgetful person at times and found myself twice forgetting the lunch I had made at home. So, unfortunately I had to get lunch out but made sure my choices were as healthy and as cheap as possible. In the end I had spend $10 for both times. Not too bad but could have been avoided! Practice makes perfect so I will work had on remembering my lunch. (Thank God for sticky notes!) 

The lesson:

We definitely made an effort and saved some money but we have some work to do! Clearly we have developed some habits that need to be changed which will take time and practice. Luckily, we have 30 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment