Thursday, July 12, 2012

30 Day Challenge PART DOS: Week 2 - Not too shabby!



Today's author: Lindsey 

Packing lunches went without a hitch this week! Well my husband can live off of peanut butter and jelly every day of his life, I need a little bit more variety. When I cooked dinners I would plan for a little bit extra and bring it for lunch the next day and I bought some lunch meat and cheese (something we haven’t bought in a while) for sandwiches. I did run out of coffee at home and had to buy a cup of coffee on my way to work but it only cost me $1.35 as I refrained from going to Starbucks!

We did stumble across another unexpected challenge to our 30 day challenge – birthdays or celebrations. It was our close friend’s birthday this past week and it has become tradition we go to dinner with him and his wife each year. That bringing said, dinner was planned as always at a new Mexican restaurant we had not been to before. We felt that yes, it was in fact ok to go to dinner – it was his birthday and due to distance between our two houses, it was not practical to meet and do dinner in. We had a wonderful time, felt good about going to dinner since it had a good reason and of course, got the waiters to sing happy birthday and embarrasses him thoroughly, which was priceless.

Aside from the birthday dinner we cooked at home. I worked to use food we had in the house. Since we have a 10lb bag of chicken I used that for many different things. We barbequed one night and I made homemade bread. We made chicken salads and had chicken and broccoli alfredo (which was delicious!) The only thing we had to purchase was some milk, broccoli, and some more bread. Altogether our groceries were under $10! All in all, not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment